Commercial Litigation » Serving the New Jersey Counties of Morris, Essex, Bergen, and Hudson and New York Counties of New York, Kings, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island and surrounding areas
The Law Offices of Barry M. Bordetsky represents corporate entities and individuals in all facets of litigation. Prior to embarking on any litigation a party should have a strategy with respect to prosecuting or defending a case. Litigation can be costly, and Barry addresses the big picture with clients, providing them with potential road maps of where a New Jersey or New York litigation suit can take a client, including risks and costs associated with a case. The drafting of pleadings, discovery, and trial work requires a significant time and emotional investment for many parties. The goal in protecting the client’s interests is to not litigate for the sake of litigating, but moving forward to protect the overall interests of the client. That can mean a quick settlement to avoid the costs of litigation or significant motion practice and aggressive discovery tactics to put the client in the best position for settlement or at trial.
The firm has represented companies and individuals in complex and simple disputes involving such matters as:
- Breach of Licensing Agreements
- Shareholder Derivative Matters
- Broker-Dealer and Finance Matters
- Pre-Packaged Food Industry Issues
- Recall Matters
- Partnership Disputes
- Start-Up Companies
- Non-Compete and Misappropriation Issues
- Real Estate Disputes
- Enforcement of Various Contractual Rights
- Drafting Business Agreements
The Law Offices of Barry M. Bordetsky has successfully resolved cases involving a variety of scenarios, including:
- Successfully opposed a motion for a temporary restraining order before the Southern District of New York, permitting client to continue contract negotiations with third parties.
- Successfully moved to stay a federal case in lieu of a parallel criminal case.
- Successfully moved to disqualify counsel before the New York Supreme Court of New York County.
- Represented corporate entity before New Jersey Superior Court of Hudson County and successfully secured a directed verdict at close of plaintiff’s case.
- Represented corporate entity before Southern District of New York, Bankruptcy Court and was successful in a pre-answer motion in having the Court dismiss a multi-claim adversary proceeding that sought millions of dollars on multiple causes of action.
- Represented corporate entity before New York Supreme Court of New York County and was successful in a pre-answer motion dismissing the majority of claims prior to filing any answer.
- Represented foreign state entity before New York Supreme Court of New York County and was successful in opposing pre-answer motion to dismiss.
- Represented former employees of company before New York Supreme Court of New York County and successfully opposed a temporary restraining order precluding the employees to conduct business.
- Successfully moved before the New York Supreme Court of New York County to confirm arbitration award providing compensatory and punitive damages against broker and brokerage firm where broker argued he never received notice of arbitration proceeding and was not provided opportunity to defend at the arbitration award.
- Successfully moved before the New York Supreme Court of New York County to confirm arbitration award against departing broker and competitor broker dealer in an industry dispute after having underlying award modified by FINRA.
- Successfully defended claims and received a stipulation of dismissal with no payment from client in the District of New Jersey on behalf of individual alleged to have breached a contract and converted money.
- Successfully represented shareholders before New Jersey Superior Court, Middlesex County, in opposing a pre-answer motion to dismiss the complaint.
- Secured summary judgment before New York Civil Court, New York County dismissing breach of contract claim.